The place where the park stands exists since the 11th century. At this time, it was used as a game reserve for the castle of the Saint-Géry Island. In the 15th century, it progressively took the form of an ornament park. After the French occupation in 1745, the park was finally built to its present shape.
In front of the Palais Royal.
There are several entrances around the park. Each one has one step.
In general, the alleys are broad and easy to wander over. The majority of paths are in hard-packed surface, some are covered in asphalt.